We received this in an email . . . so it must be true!
Please keep in mind that we love RV friendly Wal-Marts.
1. At Wal-Mart, Americans spend $36,000,000 every hour of every day.
2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!
3.. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March
17th) than Target sells all year.
4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target + Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.
5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people and is the largest private
employer, and most can't speak English.
6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the world.
7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger & Safeway combined; keep in
mind they did this in only 15 years.
8. During this same period, 31 Supermarket chains sought bankruptcy.
9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.
10. Wal-Mart has approximately 3,900 stores in the USA, of which 1,906 are Super Centres ; this is 1,000 more than it had 5 years ago.
11. This year, 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at
a Wal-Mart store. (Earth's population is approximately 7 billion.)
12. 90% of all Americans live within 15 miles of a Wal-Mart.
13. The value of product for Wal-Mart passing through the port of San
Diego each year is a larger sum than 93% of ALL countries' Gross National
Product (GNP) .....and that is only ONE port ...one way ? that?s how
Wal-Mart gets its stuff.
14. Of the 1.6 million employees, only 1.2% make a living above the
15. Wal-Mart's head office is located and centralized in Bentonville,
Arkansas. Due to this fact, there are more millionaires per square mile
there than any other place on earth.
16. The official U.S. Government position is that Wal-Mart's prices are no
lower than anyone else's, when compared to a typical family's weekly
purchases. That's the view of the statisticians at the Bureau Of Labour
Statistics (BLS) responsible for calculating the Consumer Price Index
17. 92% of everything Wal-Mart sells, comes from China . Another 4% comes from Chinese-owned companies in the U.S., or in Third-World Countries.
18. Wal-Mart and MOST large companies, take out life insurance on its
employees, without their knowing. If an employee dies, ALL the insurance monies go to the companies. I.e., An employee making $18,000 per year dies, and the company might make as much as $1 million. Most often these monies, coming from what is commonly referred to as "Dead Peasant Life Insurance Policies", is paid out toexecutives as bonuses. (A common practice, unknown by the average consumer).
19. Wal-Mart now averages a "profit" (not sales) of $36 billion per year.
20. Let Wal-Mart bail out Wall Street. If not, consider shopping someplace
If we closed all the Wal-mart stores, would China go bankrupt?